General Terms and Conditions for room rental of the Digital Hub Region Bonn AG, Rheinwerkallee 6, 53227 Bonn.
§1 Scope of application
1. the following general terms and conditions of business apply to all
Services that the Digital Hub Region Bonn AG provides to its users within the scope of room rental.
2. the general terms and conditions of business specified below shall apply exclusively. All terms and conditions of the contracting party are expressly rejected; they shall not apply.
3. the offer is directed exclusively to entrepreneurs within the meaning of § 14 BGB. This includes any natural or legal person or a partnership with legal capacity who, when concluding a legal transaction, acts in the exercise of their commercial or independent professional activity.
§2 subject matter of the contract
1. the Digitaler Hub Region Bonn AG hands over the premises in an intact and clean condition and with the equipment specified on the website
The tenant is obliged to treat the premises and the equipment with care and to leave them in an undamaged condition. Garbage and obvious impurities must be removed. Otherwise, the Digitaler Hub Region Bonn AG reserves the right to charge an appropriate cleaning fee.
2 The official opening hours of the Digital Hub Region Bonn AG are as follows Monday-Friday: 09:00 – 18:00 hours. Bookings outside these hours are possible, but require the prior setup of an access account via the app “Danalock”, as well as the deposit of a copy of an identification document. This document will be destroyed after the booking and will be used by Digital Hub Region Bonn AG exclusively to verify the identity of the tenant in case of damage.
3. the product “Getränkeflat” is booked per participant* per day and is limited to the amount of drinks available on site.
§3 Prices and terms of payment
4. the stated prices are net prices plus the respectively valid value added tax and only refer to the stated services.
5. the Digitaler Hub Region Bonn AG has, in accordance with § 9 UStG, waived the sales tax exemption pursuant to § 4 no. 12 and opts for sales tax. The lessee is aware that the conditions specified under § 9 UStG are only permissible if the lessee is an entrepreneur* as defined in § 2 UStG.
The hirer affirms that he/she is an entrepreneur in accordance with § 2 UStG and shall be liable for any damages if he/she violates the obligation to generate exclusively sales that do not exclude the deduction of input tax.
6. the Digitaler Hub Region Bonn AG may at any time request all documents from the hirer that prove that he/she is an entrepreneur* according to § 2 UStG.
7. the Digitaler Hub Region Bonn AG reserves the right to adjust prices and services with a notice period of three months. This shall not affect the tenant’s right of termination.
§4 Obligations of the hirer, warranty & liability
7. the hirer must treat all rental objects with care and return them in an orderly manner. He shall be liable for all damage, destruction or excessive wear and tear that goes beyond the contractual use of the infrastructure (network, furniture, server, etc.).
2. the tenant is also obliged to remain quiet within the common rooms and not to disturb other users. He is obliged to refrain from loud telephone calls, conversations, etc. in the common rooms and to go to other rooms for this purpose.
3. common rooms are also to be left clean and tidy after use. In the event of non-compliance, the Digitaler Hub Region Bonn AG is entitled to arrange for cleaning and tidying up at the expense of the party responsible.
4. the tenant does not undertake any unauthorized access to the infrastructure through hacking or other practices.
6. the hirer must also be able to prove liability or corporate liability when concluding the contract. The lessee has pointed out to his insurance company that the rented office is part of a usage unit in which other lessees* use other offices. Beyond that, there is no insurance cover for personal belongings. It is recommended that the tenant takes out appropriate insurance for this as well.
The tenant agrees to tolerate temporary work for modernization or maintenance purposes and to refrain from any claims for damages, unless the Digital Hub Region Bonn AG acts with intent or gross negligence.
§5 Liability of the Digital Hub Bonn Region AG
1. the hirer has taken note that the workplaces are located in a large room and that the rented rooms are available if adjacent. It therefore waives any claims arising from §§ 536, 536 a BGB.
2. the Digitaler Hub Region Bonn AG is not liable for the culpable behaviour of other users.
The Digitaler Hub Region Bonn AG is only liable for claims for damages and reimbursement of expenses if its employees and/or vicarious agents act with intent or gross negligence.
The Digitaler Hub Region Bonn AG is also not liable for consequential damages and economic losses. This includes, among other things, liability for loss of profit or compensation for third-party damages. Unless the Digital Hub Region Bonn AG acts intentionally or negligently.
Furthermore, the Digitaler Hub Region Bonn AG does not assume any liability for the violation of third party industrial property rights with regard to the work of users.
§6. Withdrawal and (partial) cancellation
1) If the hirer cancels the order, the Digitaler Hub Bonn Region AG reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee. The cancellation fees are graded as follows:
If a cancellation is made 30 days or less before the booked date, a cancellation fee of 20% of the booking fee will be charged. If a cancellation is made less than 20 days before the booked date, 50% of the booking fee is payable. In case of cancellation less than 10 days before the event or no-show, the full booking fee will be charged.
§7 Data protection
1) The data necessary for the execution of this room booking will be stored by the Digitaler Hub Region Bonn AG by way of data processing and transmitted to the extent necessary for the purpose of the contractual relationship.
The Digitaler Hub Region Bonn AG observes the regulations according to the Federal Data Protection Act and the German Data Protection Ordinance (DSGVO).
§8 Final provisions
1. amendments and supplements to this contract must be made in writing; this applies
also for the aforementioned written form clause.
2. Digitaler Hub Region Bonn AG reserves the right to change the General Terms and Conditions without giving reasons and within a reasonable scope for the hirer.
3. Should individual provisions of this agreement be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this agreement. The parties shall rather endeavour to find an effective provision that comes as close as possible to the invalid provision.
The DIGITAL HUB REGION BONN is a project supported by Digital Economy NRW (#DWNRW).
An initiative of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Innovation, Digitalization and Energy of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia.